Hi from warm city of Moscow!

Toren

Hi people, I'm actually from small town near Moscow, who cares anyway, I reckon there are not many from my country here.

I started listening to Stefan's show on YouTube couple month ago. I found it by pure luck, in search for podcast to listen to. I was in active search for any podcast because I was in active phase of learning English for my TOEFL exam and added any Youtube channel to listen casually. How wrong I was about "casually", some shows were so profound and influential for me, wow, I can't imagine myself without things I understood listening to Stefan's show and food for thought this show gave to me: many things about childhood and some about other stuff. I've even gotten a pen pal from this show, reading comments on YouTube, sounds insane :) Eventually I'm here greeting the whole community. People from Russia or any other Slavic country feel free to leave a couple of words here, I guess we have many things to discuss. I don't think I will find a community of Russian-speaking men out here, as I mentioned, but anyway, finding thinkers (because I consider people who accept and understand principles discussed in this show thinkers) already a pleasure so leave a message anyone who cares as well!

Edited by Toren
  • Upvote 2

Welcome aboard, Toren!

From what little I understand about Russia and other Slavic-speaking peoples, you guys need FDR and an FDR-related community bad. Is your English good enough to translate any of Stef's stuff into Russian (did you notice my improper use of an adjective in place of an adverb? :P )?

Hope to see you hanging around the chatroom and reading your posts.

-Dylan

Thank you, man. I noticed that something is wrong, only after you've pointed it out :D Yeah, I do understand 90% of Stesan's expressions and even wanted to share some of his shows with friends who don't so I tried to translate and make audio for one of his shows, given the long casts Stefan is uploading plus my laziness, in few words: for 2 minutes of the Show I spent 1 hour, quite a long time so I'm thinking towards subtitles now.Problem is much bigger in our Slavic states (lets say I'm facing that problem), we have quite a few truth speakers and people with humanistic philosophy to share interests with. For instance Russian libertarian party is a club with 1 thousand people on vk.com (Russian facebook) that's ridiculous. I don't think I'm a libertarian though, but this term is the closest to to my philosophy set. However this problem has good sides too: you know who is a worthy person around you, just ask the three simple questions: do yo really believe in god? do you think soviet era was a disaster? do you support recent Duma laws? If you have only one yes here, you know what kind of a person you talk to.

• 4 weeks later...

Здравствуй! :)

I have been wondering if there was someone in Russia listening to FDR and it's nice to see that there is. I'm from Croatia btw. Not a lot of slavic FDR listeners but that makes us that are, that more heroic (my heroism is limited to gold donator status for the time being :P ). Hope you are not the only one up there in the north. :)

Hi Toren, welcome to the forum. I am just a few days on it myself. It is truly amazing and something I am very thankful for that we live in an age when technology allows this to happen. How many tragedies in history there have been due to ignorance of alternatives and the control of state. Now, to see someone from Russia with its particular history immersing themselves in the philosophy available on FDR is very important and encouraging.  :thumbsup:

Здравствуй! :)

I have been wondering if there was someone in Russia listening to FDR and it's nice to see that there is. I'm from Croatia btw. Not a lot of slavic FDR listeners but that makes us that are, that more heroic (my heroism is limited to gold donator status for the time being :P ). Hope you are not the only one up there in the north. :)

Здарова!Hey man! My heroism is not big though, I haven't donated yet due to temporary luck of money but some day I definitely should, for FDR is worth it. I even declared that I will make Russian subtitles for some popular Stefan's shows, made couple of lines and stopped there, however I do recommend this show to every my friend with enough English level, hope it will help promoting the show somehow :)

Hi Toren, welcome to the forum. I am just a few days on it myself. It is truly amazing and something I am very thankful for that we live in an age when technology allows this to happen. How many tragedies in history there have been due to ignorance of alternatives and the control of state. Now, to see someone from Russia with its particular history immersing themselves in the philosophy available on FDR is very important and encouraging.  :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot man, but it's not like we don't have access to philosophy here, we had even during soviet times, and it's not like there were few people in Russia who were honest and good. I think that it's the power of absolute power that attracts sociopaths to government for only sociopaths can survive the insane called politics.

Hey man! My heroism is not big though, I haven't donated yet due to temporary luck of money but some day I definitely should, for FDR is worth it.

I had actually listend to FDR for two years before subscribing. One day I'll make it up to Stef with a bigger subscription. :) It's sure worth it.

I even declared that I will make Russian subtitles for some popular Stefan's shows, made couple of lines and stopped there, however I do recommend this show to every my friend with enough English level, hope it will help promoting the show somehow :)

You say that you have started listening to FDR couple of months ago? Then there is no need to rush. From my experience, it takes a year or two to fully grasp the material (philosophy) on this show, to understand yourself and the people around you. 4 or 5 months after I had started listening to fdr, I had even went to my university and held a little ''speech'' in front of one of the professors and some students. Needles to say, I made a fool of myself and would never make such a rookie mistake now (because people there are not interested in philosophy but secure, easy money from the gov).

Anyway, enjoy, and don't shut off the gas  :D

Hi guys, not sure if any of you are on Facebook or not. But we have quite a thriving and growing Freedomain Radio Group for those in Europe who like to discuss philosophy, economics and relationships. Also a lot of Meetups as well. You Russian chaps woudl be a very welcome addition if it interested you at all.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FDR.Europe/

Anyway, enjoy, and don't shut off the gas  :D

If I had the control over gas valve I would've never done so :D

Hi guys, not sure if any of you are on Facebook or not. But we have quite a thriving and growing Freedomain Radio Group for those in Europe who like to discuss philosophy, economics and relationships. Also a lot of Meetups as well. You Russian chaps woudl be a very welcome addition if it interested you at all.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FDR.Europe/

Thanks for invitation, meetups are great, (Андресс Че) it's me, add me there please.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.