Google Military Robots

Eric B

They also recently purchased the UK AI company Deepmind. They are saying that the cause of this is because search engines can still improve, since the search engine does not usually know the context of a search. But with AI, it will be able to better understand you and have that implied context. 

However if the building blocks for an ultimate AI exists, so lets say for the sake of argument it is capable of doing anything a human can, then its not really hard to embed that into embedded device such as you have shown. 

In fact this tech alone is the one that scares me the most. I personally see this as the single largest threat to what Stefan is trying to accomplish in the long term. The non-virtues that government applies with their interaction against civilians really predicts the path that, civilians will be seen as a burden on resources when these guys are being popped out, and have similar capacity to what we can do, but with greater sense of control over them. They will simply pick and choose the blocks necessary and will ensure that they do not fight back. 

To be accurate the tech it self doesn't scare me, I would love to work with AI my self, and even plan to do so, but it being in googles hand, and frankly they are skynet arent they xD?, and the force that they are under to accept government contracts WITH this tech.. that scares me. 

Also in the last video whats interesting is that even thou the mule is not moving in any directions, it still has to jog on the spot. a deer for example doesn't do this and some deer's very likely weigh the same amount! (assumption). So I wonder what the design decision for that is? Maybe in some ground types it starts to sink? a deer has the senses to say well i better start spending energy to fix this problem, where as this guy is constantly spending energy in hopes of not getting into that problem? Well that's not true jogging on the spot wouldn't really prevent you from sinking. I don't know. Why do you guys think they took the design decision to make it jog on the spot?  

Or maybe there is control system inside that is constantly trying to establish a certain distance from the transceiver in the front, so it is not really jogging on the spot, but rather constantly adjusting to achieve that number of distance. but this cant be true too because with a small hysteresis effect, they can save on a lot of energy and sound.. , and I am sure they are smart enough to consider that

Yeah, I thought this was interesting as well.  Who knows, maybe they're buying these companies up to pull the military applications for them and instead make happy anthropomorphic consumer friendly Android brand robots that can only shoot smiles and winks.  Seriously though, it's kind of scary if that's not what they're doing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have wanted to nuke my You Tube and Gmail accounts for a long time now, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Are there any good alternatives for webmail that aren't future purveyors of Fascism? I was using my friends Squirrelmail server for a while but then Comcast arbitrarily decided to block post 25 for residential customers in that market.

I have wanted to nuke my You Tube and Gmail accounts for a long time now, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Are there any good alternatives for webmail that aren't future purveyors of Fascism? I was using my friends Squirrelmail server for a while but then Comcast arbitrarily decided to block post 25 for residential customers in that market.

I hate it when they do that crap...I'm not familiar w/ squirrelmail, but perhaps you could put it on port 80 or 8080?

Yeah, it was created with DARPA funding so was IC's so big deal. IC's are used for a lot of good things (als war of course).

Google do a lot of great stuff too. if it werent for youtube, stefbot wouldnt have the audience he has today, so not all bad.

You ever think that Google is secretly ANCAP central and attempting to reinstate the free market through it's international control over communications and trying to amass the tech for a defense company so that it can defend itself after it secedes from all national affiliation and forms it's own society?

Yeah me neither. Here's hoping though!

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.