Hello, From a Long Time Lurker

Hey there!
Although I have been a member of Freedomain Radio for some time and consumed oh so many podcasts I have never participated on the boards. So I guess I will "Let [you] know who [am] and how got here!"

I am a 21 year old guy living in New Hampshire with my girlfriend. I dropped out of college to move to New Hampshire. I was raised catholic and now am an atheist voluntaryist. I got here through my desire to understand society and convince people about how dangerous and wrong tribal domination within society is (more about that later). With that goal in mind I first watched Stef's video Jon Stewart's 19 Tough Questions for Libertarians!. The answers Stefan gave in that video made a ton of sense and showed the power of a principled philosophic approach.

I think that I did not participate in the boards for so long because I was so used to being 'beat into' a social group. My history of entering social circles during my childhood is one of getting ridiculed, insulted and beat up and the amount of vulnerability I would be showing in this community by participating feels to my amygdala like walking a room of angry drunks, insulting their sports team and tying my hands behind my back.

After processing a lot of that, I have finally gotten up the courage though knowledge that I will not experience the same abuse here, to participate in what I think is the greatest conversation of all time.

• Upvote 2

Welcome Jeffrey! I also spent a lot of time lurking before finally joining the boards, and understand the feeling of anxiety around most of what passes for a civilized society these days. I hope your stay here is more pleasant, and I for one will refrain from biting for the time being :)

Thanks guys for the understanding

Curious, why did you choose New Hampshire?  :mellow:

I moved to New Hampshire for the Free State Project to check it out. I had no idea what to except but I just really wanted to get out of college and did not want to live at home, which it was not thaat far from as I am from Rhode Island. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.