Hello from Tennessee

Hi Freedomainers,

I have been studiously listening to Stef's show for about 6 months now and I am so pleased with what I have heard that I am now donating on most pay days.  Ultimately, Stef has broken the hold that the notions of southern child-rearing practices had on me.  My wife is so happy and both of our children will benefit greatly over the coming years of Peaceful Parenting.  We never hit our children to begin with but there was always this nagging voice or voices in the back of my mind that says, "If you don't discipline your children, they will be bad."  Stef has managed to show us a better path to respect our children even more, despite the rather ridiculous environments in which both of us were raised.  

Furthermore, Stef has been able to show me the logic behind moving beyond my longheld views on Minarchism and Agnosticism.  I can now see clearly that the State is inextricably linked with overreaching abuse as it is an effect of bad families and that Religion is based on ancient mysticism and logic can easily demonstrate that omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent entities are a complete inherent contradiction especially in the form of the Abrahamic faiths of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

The elements I am still struggling with are turning up or down that universal dial of moral responsibility and the gray areas of what age that begins, etc.

Anyway, I look forward to reading the forums a bit and continuing to plow through the episode archives as I am now over some 900 podcasts.

Warm Regards,

JDS

I still find it strange, of all the ills and pitfalls of our civilisation, that it turns out to be childrearing, and in particular violence to children that is the key to unlocking the stalemate of the human condition.

I only ever hit my girl once, and she looked at me with such horror and hurt, such a sense of betrayal in those pretty little eyes, it broke my heart. I never did it again.

Good luck to you.

I'm new here too. My first post. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.