Hello from Southern California!

RachelAnn

Hi everyone, 

I haven't officially introduced myself yet, I'm Rachel from the Los Angeles area. I started to listen to Stef a few years ago, but more consistently over the last year. I feel like I won the lottery by finding FDR at such a young age - I believe that it has saved me from a lifetime of heartache and disappointment. All of my life I searched for rational consistency but couldn't find it anywhere, not in the public school system, not in the mormon church, and definitely not in my relationships. This past year I have really dedicated my time to acquiring more self knowledge and information about my history through therapy, journaling, podcast listening, and browsing these boards. I recently ended a 7 year relationship that I felt was not beneficial for me and my pursuit for philosophy and truth, which was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. 

I am passionate about health and child development- I am currently a health coach, but my dream is to cultivate a career in advocating for peaceful parenting. I see myself working with parents helping them to secure a healthy bond with their children and learn how to connect and negotiate over using control and punitive punishments. FDR has helped me realize how much the world truly needs that, and so I can't let this passion of mine and insatiable hunger for knowledge in the field be wasted. 

I am eager to start the next chapter of my life by applying these new values and principles to my everyday life and connecting with intelligent, empathetic people like yourselves. I just wanted to tell you a bit about my story before I start posting more on the boards. I really look forward to chatting with you all. To the members I have had the pleasure of speaking to already, thanks for being so awesome.

Thanks! :)
  • Upvote 4

Welcome

I wish you the best achieving your passion helping parents practice peaceful parenting.

My wife is doing this for about 8 years now, it's not always easy but very rewording knowing that anoter child will have a better relation with his parents, himself, his family and the world.

How it warms my heart and gives me hope for the future when I hear stories like yours from passionate young people.

May your journey through life be fruitful and fulfilled, and may your passion for truth guide your way.

:Welcome: to FDR Rachel Ann!

WelcomeI wish you the best achieving your passion helping parents practice peaceful parenting.My wife is doing this for about 8 years now, it's not always easy but very rewording knowing that anoter child will have a better relation with his parents, himself, his family and the world.

Dear RachelAnn,I could not concur more with what you wrote above. My principles and convictions are the same. I look forward to continuing correspondence with the FDR community. Bravo to you in all respects!

Welcome! :)

Thank you everyone! It's a pleasure to be here. :)

Gausian, what exactly does your wife do?

Thank you everyone! It's a pleasure to be here. :) Gausian, what exactly does your wife do?

She is coaching parents in groups and individually. She studied Alfred Adler approach to the family relations and got a degree as a parent coacher.Her is a link to Alfred Adler on wikipedia: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_AdlerThere are schools who teach coaching parents based on his approach all over the world.

Thanks for the sweet intro Rachelann. I think your passion for coaching and helping parents connect with their children is awesome! The sensitivity and communication skills you have developed from your health coaching will surely aid that connective process. good stuff  :D

Welcome!

Thank you. And yes, I am getting a lot of experience working one on one with individuals, which helps. :)

She is coaching parents in groups and individually. She studied Alfred Adler approach to the family relations and got a degree as a parent coacher.Her is a link to Alfred Adler on wikipedia: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_AdlerThere are schools who teach coaching parents based on his approach all over the world.

Hmm, that's interesting. I am going to look into that. Thanks so much.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.