Hello from Hawaii

transient

Hi. I've been reading through the forums for months now and finally decided to join in.

I'm 26. Traveled a bit when I was young as a military brat. I myself joined the army after dropping out of high school. After that I worked various jobs in food labor and sales industries.

I've spent basically my whole life following orders and, until recently, barely had a clue who I really was.

I was always interested in philosophy but never took that interest seriously till a couple years ago. Before then the closest thing to philosophic discussion I ever had were drunken bull-sessions.

I've come to the realization that all my friends and family are irrational hypocrites that don't really know what their talking about. I felt kinda embarrassed knowing I am just like them.

I'm so glad to have joined this community. There isn't really people I can talk to about anything of worth in my home life. The path of self-knowledge should be hugely beneficial for me, both for simple curiosity and for practical use in bettering my life.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.