Greetings from Texas!

SirMetalhead

My name is Derek.  I'm 23 years old and I'm an artistic type, particularly in directing, animating, editing, writing, guitar playing, and drawing.  I hope to create many works of wonderful, entertaining and, hopefully, philosophical art.  I like many types of heavy metal, techno, classical, I'm starting to get into Japanese pop, anime, kaiju and horror/sci-fi/fantasy.

Of course, I also have an interest in philosophy, which I didn't really have prior to discovering Freedomain Radio.  After some time absorbing and exploring things like anarcho-capitalism, self-knowledge, atheism, libertarianism, etc., I feel like the world makes more sense now.  Although, with that comes the downside.  There are very few, a.k.a. no one, around me who want to talk about things like philosophy, let alone share the same methods to reaching our differing opinions.  It's quite lonely, and after spending months contemplating to join or not, I made the choice.  So, now I'm here!

I feel confident that I'll like this community very much!  I hope to find some connection, friends, possibly collaborators for artistic endeavors, and moral support, as well as join in on meaningful conversations when I can, perhaps giving some of my own guidance and support to others, too.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Kevin!  I hope to make art that touches and/or addresses issues that most of us here at FDR talk about frequently, like men's rights, libertarianism, MGTOW, anti-feminism, atheism, anarchism, self-knowledge, peaceful parenting, etc. while being entertaining and within the genres of sci-fi, fantasy, horror, anime, and heavy metal.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Direk!

I would love to see your work? I got pretty excited hearing you make peaceful parenting, and other very important issues! I hope the boards are going to help you finding the things you want!

Thanks Tresor!  Well, to tell you the truth, I don't have any work that includes philosophy yet.  I've spent the last 10 years making Godzilla animations mostly.  Like I said, since discovering FDR, now I want to integrate my art with some philosophical themes.  Although, I haven't figured out how monster movies, anime, or heavy metal would mix with themes like peaceful parenting.  You can see my YouTube channel down below.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DLEgodzilla

Thanks Tresor!  Well, to tell you the truth, I don't have any work that includes philosophy yet.  I've spent the last 10 years making Godzilla animations mostly.  Like I said, since discovering FDR, now I want to integrate my art with some philosophical themes.  Although, I haven't figured out how monster movies, anime, or heavy metal would mix with themes like peaceful parenting.  You can see my YouTube channel down below.

https://www.youtube.com/user/DLEgodzilla

Awesome stuff! I saw the Godzilla Wars and it was quite entertaining! What got you interested in this?

Awesome stuff! I saw the Godzilla Wars and it was quite entertaining! What got you interested in this?

Thanks!  As far as filmmaking goes, I've always known from a young age that I wanted to make movies, or at least do some kind of art.  It wasn't until I made my first little movie with me moving my Godzilla action figures without my hands showing that I realized being limited to using what you have in real life sucked, since I didn't have access to big studios, actors, etc.  That's when I moved to animation.  Back when I started animating, around the age of 14, it was liberating.  I could draw Godzilla and monsters, so I was set.  Then once I moved to YouTube, I was having my cartoons watched around the world and getting thousands of hits and, generally, positive feedback.  Now, I'm branching out and making other things, mainly anime-type stuff, so I needed to learn how to draw people.  I've been at that for about a year and a half now, on top of further improving my animation skills.  I'm working on a new project now that's anime-like.  I can't wait to get that one finished so I can put it online and see what people think.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.