Hello from the United States

CarHauler1313

I'm from New Jersey, but I drive a truck for a living, so the Continental 48 is my office.

I get to see a lot of different people in my travels, and when I speak to other drivers, I direct them to the Youtube.com site where Stefan has all those videos... The liberals and conservatives alike get everything they believe thrown into chaos when they hear Stefan's arguments... all too many people have been brought to believe their gut instincts outweighs the facts, and it leave a lot of people believing that its ok to remain ignorant.

I'm working on the Tractor Trailer Drivers out there, trying to bring them onto the winning team, and I love shutting up those who have no brains online who want to tell everyone how racist/sexist everyone else is... I'm here primarily to learn, to learn how to refine my own opinions through logic, and how to spot bullshit arguments, and how to crush certain toxic opinions that would subdue us all.

I don't always agree with what Stefan says... I believe in God, but not as a big invisible man in the sky... I read the bible, not as a history book but as a book of parables... and I believe that no two people are going to agree on everything.  Now while I can't prove that God exists or that the bible is a sound learning tool, I CAN prove that CHURCHES, in many ways, are obsolete, their doctrine needs to be tweaked because it pretty much came about the rise (or fall) of the Dark Ages (not that people didn't need something to believe in)... I'm not one of those holy rolling church goers, I have a private relationship with the Good Lord, as churches are just black holes for money to disappear into.  Aside from this, I believe sin is anything that can bring a downfall on a person or people, and I choose not to sin whenever possible... y'all can do whatever you want.

Like I said before, I'm here to learn, and if there is anything I can bring to the discussion, I will... thank you all in advance for the time we will be spending together.

CarHauler1313, a.k.a. "Boots"

Greetings, fellow Jersian! Thank you for fighting the good fight on your front. I can offer you a little constructive criticism on the God thing, for what it's worth :)

You recognize the error in valuing gut instinct over objective fact, which is great. I am curious, however, how you reconcile that with a belief in God, especially when you admit that you can not prove that he exists. 

Can you tell me exactly why it is you believe in God? I look forward to your reply.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.