Greetings from a longtime lurker.

Peaceful Parent

Hello everyone, it's exciting to finally be a Freedomain Radio board member. I've been lurking for nearly two years now, and during that time I've really enjoyed the quality of the conversation that takes place here. Now a bit about myself.

-Roughly two and a half years ago I stumbled across Libertarian arguments on Youtube (Milton Friedman videos). That eventually led me to David Friedman, a well known AnCap, which eventually led me to Stefan.

-After consuming dozens of arguments for anarchy I rejected statism and became a self-identified anarchist two years ago.

-I'm a husband and a father.

-I'm an anti-theist Athiest.

-I'm most interested in self-knowledge and the pursuit of truth.

I'm certain I'm going to benefit from interacting with many of the members here, and I hope that I can provide value for someone here as well. Thanks for checking out my introduction.

• Upvote 3

Hey Kevin, thanks for the welcome. I finally decided to join the boards in order to pm and express my appreciation to a member for consistently providing me (and everyone else) with so much thought provoking conversation. Of course now that I'm member I might as well try my hand at introducing some of my own thoughts and feelings to the FDR community at large. ;)

So far self knowledge and the pursuit of truth has helped explain and correct my earlier unsatisfying behavior as well as improve the relationships with those I love. It's been incredibly humbling and rewarding.

Works I'd recommend? I'm a little embarrassed to type this but honestly most of my recent growth has come from watching Youtube arguments. Sam Harris on Atheism, David Friedman on private law and courts, Stefan on peaceful parenting, Man Against the State on anarchy, ect. Having said that I'm currently reading Sam Harris' The Moral Landscape and I'm really enjoying digesting that book. Thanks for the questions.

I'm a little embarrassed to type this but honestly most of my recent growth has come from watching Youtube arguments.

I don't think that's embarrassing. That's something I plan on doing, is making videos on youtube about philosophy and psychology.

I think that Alice Miller's book the Drama of the Gifted Child is an incredible book and would highly recommend it.

And kudos to you for taking up peaceful parenting!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.