Hello from Nashville TN...

Marshall B

I'm a bit intimadated and/or hesitate about coming to this forum. I think it's my weak vocabulary and lack of knowledge in world issues but screw it here's how it started for me. A buddy gave me fountainhead(with a dictionary ha) and made me read it. Blew my mind which led to YouTube Milton Friedman, and then stef videos and then realized stef had been on rogan(whom I listened to and loved at the time) which led to the start of freedomain radio. That was a year ago and honestly I can't get enough of it. Being married with kids I can say this has been the most beneficial thing this far in life. Outside of food, clothing shelter etc.

It's almost as though it's an unhealthy addiction at times(looking for reasons to leave the house, go to the grocery store, etc) but I think that just speaks to the lack of philisophy and real relationships that are for the first time being exposed for what they really are.

I barely have a high school education so my vocabulary and knowledge of history, politics, mathematics, sciences etc is pretty weak. Not that college is the only way to learn about such topics but my family never placed much value on education. Sports yes homework not so much.

I was taught(by example) the importance of hard work and that part paid off. Started a business while in high school and didn't care to sit in a classroom when I could be working. It grew year to year and 15 years later I'm doing well in terms of assets but possibly lacking in terms of intellect.

So some of you guys(shout out to Kev, etu, shirgall) and gals are so knowledgeable in regards to important world issues, politics, philoshy etc I can barely keep up. I'll listen to some of these podcasts 10x before they make sense.

That's my theory on why the peaceful parenting stuff catches on quicker than the other issues. Everyone is either a parent or had some kind of parent in their life. Easy to relate. I listen to school sucks podcast as well and the host(Brett) mentions often that political apathy is something you learn in school along with obedience and conformity. I believe that to be true as well. You leave there uninterested in real world issues. Plus when your body is first discovering sexual desires it's the cool athletic guys like me who were getting the girls most of the time. Why would politics, philoshy, ethics matter? I can throw a football far as shit!

So austrian economics, Quantitative easing, fractional reserve banking, etc etc sounded like a foreign language to me a year ago. That being said I love those topics now and am working hard to understand them as well as one can.

Not sure what I'm trying to say exactly. I've written down a few dozen questions over the past year or so. I'll post them in the board. Most of them have probably been answered so I'll try and find them first.

Anyways thanks for reading and holy shit am I glad this exists.

If there are any nashvillians out there Id love to meet up and chat. Peace.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.