Hi from Brisbane Australia

Andrew.

Hi,

I am new to Freedomain Radio. A friend of mine shared some of his favourite episodes which I found very helpful. Since, I have listened to the Introduction to Philosophy which was very helpful to share some of Stef's basic ideas. Not so basic to me but I like the idea of honest rational conversations (doesn't happen in my life very much at the moment).

Ill be jumping over to the meet and greet after this.

What is also new to me is using a forum. I have not been part of an online forum before. For the moderator, is there a specific place to ask if FDR members of a certain location know of good therapists in their area that can help with childhood matters? Hopefully this type of question is ok.

Andrew

Thank you Carl for helping me using the forum better.

I see a fair bit about IFS therapy so I am looking into that now but I am really looking for someone who has been recommended to help rationally process things.

Thank you Patric for asking around. I appreciate your care.

Thanks Timur for the asking for the recommendation and sending through Chris's facebook contact. I'm interested in meeting more like minded people in Brisbane.

Thanks William for getting back. I will let you know if I find a good therapist also.

My friend is on the Gold Coast actually so I don't think he is part of the Brisbane meetup group.

I checked the forum to see if there is more information about the Brisbane Meetup but I only found some old threads

How often does the group meetup? Where does it meetup? How many people usually come?

Thanks again for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Timur for the asking for the recommendation and sending through Chris's facebook contact. I'm interested in meeting more like minded people in Brisbane.

Thanks William for getting back. I will let you know if I find a good therapist also.

My friend is on the Gold Coast actually so I don't think he is part of the Brisbane meetup group.

I checked the forum to see if there is more information about the Brisbane Meetup but I only found some old threads

How often does the group meetup? Where does it meetup? How many people usually come?

Thanks again for the help.

I've only gone twice, Chris runs then on a saturday arvo once a month at this bar in south bank... but I busk late at night in the valley on friday and sat nights, so I usually need sleep during that day...  it's usually just chris and some other half-asian fellow... they are both INTJ types who work in strict 9-5  IT jobs, so I found it slightly difficult to relate as we came from very different backgrounds... They seemed to fear unemployment, as and such, were trapped in the 9-5 mon-fri . despite probably getting decent pay, I didn't feel they would be able to commit to grassroots economics and psychology... which along with music/art, are my passions... 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks William for the feedback. 

Would you say the meet up is more around mutual interests aside from FDR and less around philosophy and having meaningful conversations.

I think they have one coming up in May which I have requested to join the meetup. I think it said 4 people were attending.

What do you mean "despite probably getting decent pay, I didn't feel they would be able to commit to grassroots economics and psychology"? 

What kind of music do you play?

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.