Newbie from Japan

Diki

Hello, I'm Diki.

I'm a Brit, now residing in Japan. I'm a peaceful father of 2 small children, devoted husband and a small business owner. I was introduced to FDR by a friend about a year ago and have been hooked to the podcasts ever since. I finally decided to give the forum a try. I find I have limited opportunity to discuss some of the show's content in my real life so am hoping to get involved here as much as time permits.

I can't wait to get started!!

• Upvote 2

Hi Diki!  Warmest of welcomes.  So nice to hear about your kids, they are very lucky.

What are you doing in Japan?  I studied Japanese and have travelled there several times.  I was actually just talking about a friend about the positives as well as the serious challenges of their culture and society.  Would love to hear what you think about it.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I own an English conversation school and international preschool over here.

Where abouts in Japan have you traveled to?

I certainly find living in Japan to be preferable and am happy to raise my kids here. Although, as you say, there are pros and cons to the social and cultural norms over here. Was there a particular aspect of Japanese society you wanted to discuss?

Hello Diki,

I grew up in Sasebo, Japan for about five years.

I had such a great time experiencing the culture and people there and, since graduating, I've considered travelling back to Japan to teach English.

How did you find your way to Japan?  :turned:

Hi Luxfelix,

I originally came over to teach English with the intention of staying for a year and then returning home.... 9 years later, I'm still here and this is my home now!

Give me a shout if you do decide to apply for jobs in Japan and want to discuss it with someone who lives here. I'd be happy to help in anyway I can.

Hi Luxfelix,

I originally came over to teach English with the intention of staying for a year and then returning home.... 9 years later, I'm still here and this is my home now!

Give me a shout if you do decide to apply for jobs in Japan and want to discuss it with someone who lives here. I'd be happy to help in anyway I can.

I appreciate that.  :happy:

Edit: The private messaging isn't working at the moment, would you mind e-mailing me at [email protected] about the application process and prerequisites?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.