Hello from the Little Apple

davis4217

Hi Freedomain, 

My name is Kris, I'm a 28 year old machine operator, with a love of history and philosophy. I believe, strongly, in the non-initiation principle and find the concept of Universally Preferred Behavior fascinating. As an anarcho-atheist, there are few forums where I feel like honest, constructive conversations take place, on the issues I find important. Having read a number of posts and responses, I look forward to pleasant, informed communication.

Pleased to meet you, we'll chat soon :)

Hi Kris, thanks for the nice introduction.  When/how did you discover the show and what do you think/feel about it so far?  Also, what's the Little Apple?

Hey, thanks!!

I discovered the show about 2 years ago through a former roommate, he always listened to podcasts at home. I overheard a few that interested me, asked what the podcast was and I've been listening ever since. I think most of the topics are interesting and the logic is refreshing.

The Little Apple refers to Manhattan, Kansas USA

Good to meetcha Kris, I'm new here too. What turned you on to philosophy?

A friend asked me in high school why I didn't believe in God. I told him that I stopped believing in fairy tales when I was young, to which he replied "interesting philosophy." I didn't know what he meant, so I started researching philosophical ideas, but nothing seemed to make sense to me and I gave it up. Years later, I heard an argument linking atheism to anarchy, all of which clicked with what I had read as a young student and inspired me to take up the task of truly learning moral rationality. 

Thanks for the questions

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.