I would like to give back to the FDR community by sharing my experience and research in locating, applying, interviewing and excelling in the workforce. Everything from corporate, to small/medium businesses, information companies, to the service industry, telecom, hidden organic co-ops in Washington DC, and even gardening and fundraising where the possibilities are endless.

Yes the economy is a disaster, but there is still money to be made, skills to learn, networks to leverage and life to be lived. Let's break out of our mental chains, get focused and productive and prepare the freethinkers and peaceful parents for this economy! "Maximize your mobility between sectors, skills and ways of earning income, Trust the network, not the corporation or the state." (see article below)

I will be posting in the bronze, silver and gold sections so if you have not already please donate to see more posts! :) freedomainradio.com/donate or pop over the post office and mail in a money order. :)

Please comment or post your questions below. To start my posts on this topic I would like to share a section from some excellent articles re-posted to maxkeiser.com by Charles Hugh Smith about an emerging group referred to as Mobile Creatives:

" Mobile Creatives. This is an emerging class that ranges across many income classifications and thus cannot be described by income alone. Some earn Upper Caste incomes, others are Working Poor. This class is self-employed, free-lance, entrepreneurial, sole proprietors with adaptive skills. They may collaborate with other Creatives rather than have employees, and may have part-time jobs.

There are roughly 5.5 million incorporated self-employed people in the U.S.; these tend to be professionals such as attorneys, engineers and physicians. These self-employed are generally members of the Upper Caste.

The Mobile Creatives (which include small farmers, craftspeople, independent programmers, etc.) number around 10 million, or 8% of the workforce. I use the word mobile here not to suggest mobility between physical places (though that is one factor in this class’s flexibility) but mobility between sectors, skills and ways of earning income.

Members of this class might take a short-term paying gig if the pay and circumstance is attractive, and then return to self-employment. They tend to foster multiple income streams and in general operate by the principle trust the network, not the corporation or the state.

Some members of this class joined the cohort involuntarily, as the result of layoffs; others pursue this livelihood for its freedom, flexibility (important to parents of young children or those caring for elderly parents) and potential for self-expression.

This is the “wild card” class that falls outside all conventional class/income hierarchies. It includes those seeking outlier wealth and those who have chosen voluntary poverty as a means to an independent life that they “own” lock, stock and barrel.

Though this class wields little conventional financial or political power, it has a potentially large leadership role in social and technical innovations. This is the 4% Pareto Distribution that can exert outsized influence on the 64%.

The other eight classes are hidebound by conventions, neofeudal and neocolonial arrangements and a variety of perverse incentives, false choices and illusions of choice, including democracy itself. "

Read more at http://www.maxkeiser.com/2015/04/the-changing-world-of-work-i-americas-nine-classes/#j28MyBtgqwQbbcIR.99

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.