Hello guys

RationalPenguin

My name is David, I am a 20 years old guy going to high school in the Netherlands.

I came across Stefan's Youtube channel last year and I found his ideas regarding government really interesting. Though I had been following politics for quite some time, I never really heard or thought of the idea that there should be no government at all.

I listened to some podcasts every few weeks and finally I understood why government is both immoral and impractical.

I have decided to go to therapy, mainly because I have trouble sleeping, but I am currently on a waiting list again, after getting a diagnosis.

The recent videos about the attacks in Paris really felt like a wake-up call to me and I am pretty worried about where we might be heading, so that has occupied my thoughts the recent days and I finally posted here to talk about that.

If there is anything else you want to know, please ask! 

Thanks.

• Upvote 2

I don't really know what I want to do for a living. I was thinking of becoming a teacher, since I love sharing knowledge I have and I have been a tutor, which I really love doing. But if I would become a teacher, I would have to work in a system that I completely disagree with in the coercive way it is set up. And there are also issues like bullying.

Now there are also private schools, but not very many of them.

Hi RP, I am a new member too.

As my background, I studied English and Psych', in school. I started developing an interest in Philosophy at the end of the my academic career and it led me to the Freedom Domain website. I have read a number of Mr. Molyneux's books and I have listened to over a 100 podcasts. I really enjoy his approach to social issues. Though, I still like to read my own material e.g. Desmond Morris' The Human Zoo. 

This is my long-winded Hello.:)

• Upvote 1

Hello to you as well MRAllen440!  :happy:

P.S. RationalPenguin, If you aren't able to teach at a private school (or similar environment), what about joining/starting some kind of local forum club? (Or maybe something online?)

I've only recently discovered [the school of life], but it reminds me of TEDx talks (etc.) in introducing and elaborating on topics of discourse from an empirical perspective.

P.P.S. I'm curious as to what you're experiences have been like; do you find the people around you curious to learn?

• Upvote 1

Hello MRAllen440, how are you doing?

Hello to you as well MRAllen440!  :happy:

P.S. RationalPenguin, If you aren't able to teach at a private school (or similar environment), what about joining/starting some kind of local forum club? (Or maybe something online?)

I've only recently discovered [the school of life], but it reminds me of TEDx talks (etc.) in introducing and elaborating on topics of discourse from an empirical perspective.

P.P.S. I'm curious as to what you're experiences have been like; do you find the people around you curious to learn?

I actually had some ideas for a website or an app, so I am studying some programming and web development right now.

Whenever I try to talk about problems like national debt, or taxation or our school system being coercive with my family or people at school, I just get very confused looks and people start talking about other things. I find it difficult to keep conversations about these topics going.

I actually had some ideas for a website or an app, so I am studying some programming and web development right now.

Whenever I try to talk about problems like national debt, or taxation or our school system being coercive with my family or people at school, I just get very confused looks and people start talking about other things. I find it difficult to keep conversations about these topics going.

Very good idea! Something like [Khan Academy] comes to mind.

I can certainly relate to that...  :mellow:  If it's with folks I care about, I'll try to speak their language (interests etc.) so that the concepts discussed will have some element of engagement for them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.