Hello From West Virginia

vizier42629

FDR forum,

It is a distinct pleasure to have finally made it to what I consider the edifice of self knowledge by joining this forum. I am a 24 year old 3rd year apprentice electrician living in west virginia. I have the great luck of coming up in the trade during what I think will eventually be described as the worst economic calamity of the modern era.

My reasons for joining the forum are two fold. the first is I have had a difficult childhood, and after watching many of the call in shows I realized that i am a very traumatized adult. I need to investigate ways of coping with stress and understanding why I think negatively so often. I want to read about other peoples' victories and failures, continue to watch call in shows, and generally relate to others about the hard times they have overcome; all in the interest of gaining insight into my own life. perhaps I could even help others with my story. I am hesitant to start off just dumping everything and telling everybody everything. My first draft of this introduction was actually instructive in and of itself. I attempted to summarize everything, only to realize that I didn't have it all together. Funny how that sort of thing works out... I was completely unable to make any kind of coherent synopsis. I realized i had forgotten alot of things, had mixed or extremely strong emotions, and many open questions. it will take some time for me to work out and understand how exactly i feel about the past and my parents' illnesses. Ultimately I remain optimistic that any adversity can be overcome one way or another.

The second reason I joined the forum is my sincere and abundant interest in free market capitalism, NAP, blockchain technologies like bitcoin, anarchism, and precious metals. voluntarism is a word i learned only two years ago but In learning what voluntarism meant, I was able to verbalize an idea I had already held for as far back as i can remember. I have acquired a taste for mature honest political discussions and I suspect this forum may be the motherload. I have never been in contact with anything in my life so intellectually stimulating. The seamless transition between arcane philosophical concepts, honest expression of human experience, economics, ethics, history, political science, and humor is astonishing to me. I admire Molyneux and the tireless contribution of his many equally admirable associates. By my appraisal they have managed to accomplish something truly monumental with FDR.

In short, I have come to this space to learn from all of you and I am excited to participate in this forum.

~Ben from West Virginia.

• Upvote 3

Great to have you, Ben! I thought your post was interesting. I'm sorry about the trauma you've experienced and I hope you find this site useful towards healing it.

At least in my experience, I have a hard time summarizing what I haven't spent a lot of time processing first. Strong emotions pop up and it's hard to gloss over them and move on to the next sentence if you're trying to summarize something you've really never spent time investigating. So I can understand if that's anything like what you felt.

I'll look out for your posts :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.