greetings from germany

Halp

hello everybody, ive decided to stay anonymous.

just two weeks ago discovered Stefan Molyneux youtube channel and the immense value it holds, in fact, i almost cant stop listening and therefor thank everyone at fdr and its supporters.

im 24 years old, male and german. i have always had trouble making friends. with the few people i got a little close ive never maintained contact. for a few years now im a very miserable and depressed person. i have online friends but just recently, after spending a few months exclusively with an amazing person on the internet, who sadly had to leave, realized how deeply i want a person like that to bond with in my life. it more or less became a goal now.

my childhood definitely was troublesome, listening to fdr made that even more clear to me. im currently not working and aside from a variety of internships never have. this partially has to do with a bad school history preventing me from even applying for jobs i would find interest in. to be completely honest ive talked myself into rather being dead than working a job i dislike.

here i hope to receive some advice to plan my future and look forward to post and reading your thoughts.

• Upvote 1

Dear Halp,

I am new to FDR too and just wanted to reply to show you that you are not alone.  Their are many people who feel like you and I am sure lots of other members will be able to give you some thought provoking feedback.

I too have 'dived into' Stefans podcasts and videos.  In a couple I have seen he has covered how common it is for youngsters, in particular, to feel 'what is the point, what future is there, why get out of bed?'   And if I were in Germany I would feel this even more than I do in the UK - for obvious reasons.

I found his suggestion of finding something you feel angry about and getting involved in changing it a good idea.  If I were 24 again I would certainly do this - I have plenty that makes me angry - particularly our masters inviting an invading culture into europe.  Of course there would be accidental bonuses for you.  You would unconsciously improve communications and interactions with other people with a common purpose and similar views.  I think it would improve depression and reduce feelings or isolation.  It would also give you skills and experience to use on curriculum vitaes and to draw on at interviews for jobs you actually want to apply for.  Women (speaking as one, and assuming you are heterosexual!) always find thoughtful, passionate and enthusiatic men attractive.  

Anyway I just wanted to reply to you Halp.  I am sure FDR has much more for us both to discover.   

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.