Excited to participate in this forum!

Natalia

Hello everybody! 

I'm from a quite rare demographic in this forum, I would say, being a sixteen year old girl from Brazil. I however have always been used to participate and have interest in activities uncommon for my demographic, so this is no different.

I have been an atheist since I was 9, and politically, I fear I'm a little bit different than most of you. I am, however, very open to new ideas, and I have no doubts that this board will lead me to further enlightment. Economically, I've always been right wing.

I started liking Philosophy around two years ago. Last year I taught myself German to read the original books of Nietzsche, Kant and Schopenhauer, and I'm looking forward learning Ancient Greek.

I discovered Freedomain Radio around two months ago, and I've been listening to Stefan Molyneux's videos every weekend since then, and I thank him for all this work -- I've learned a lot from it!

I look forward to discuss with all of you!

• Upvote 2

Welcome Natalia!  :Welcome:

That is some very ambitious studying! I'm looking forward to learning from each other :)

How'd you come across the show?

Speaking just for myself, I don't care so much about the conclusions that people come to so much as whether or not they are capable of critical thinking. Wherever you lean political is fine by me, whatever that's worth.

See you around!

Welcome Natalia!  :Welcome:

That is some very ambitious studying! I'm looking forward to learning from each other :)

How'd you come across the show?

Speaking just for myself, I don't care so much about the conclusions that people come to so much as whether or not they are capable of critical thinking. Wherever you lean political is fine by me, whatever that's worth.

See you around!

Thank you!

I’ve been following the U.S. presidential elections of this year, so two months ago YouTube suggested me the video “The Untruth About Donald Trump.” I watched, and several other videos from Molyneux that interested me appeared in the suggestions. Since then I haven’t stopped listening during my free time on weekends.

And I agree! The process of critical thinking itself is often more important than the conclusions one reaches, and that’s why I highly appreciate the philosophers that I do, although not fully agreeing with any of them.

See you around!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.