Such an interesting place

violet

I'm very happy to have found this site and Stefan's podcasts. I think I orginally found a link to one of the Youtube posts. I enjoyed the style and the seemingly politically-incorrect nature of it, i.e. honesty and rational thought. Over several weeks, I watched more of the FDR content. I agreed with a lot of it and found some stimulating ideas among the podcasts.

I like the way FDR takes fundamental concepts and applies them to real life. There's a good mixture of critique of culture and news, relationship advice, general philosophical principles, and interviews with experts. I'm interested in so many of the topics covered and have been pursuing knowledge about such things for several years now.

I've only just discovered the forum part of this community, and upon initial inspection, it looks like an interesting place. I like the way people talk to each other here: rational discussions, no name-calling, open-mindedness. I'm always looking for ways to learn about and/or debate "deep" topics, but it's so hard to find. I've been involved with both Red Pill and Christian communities online, and while I agree with them on some things, it's never quite a match.

For context, I am a woman in my early 30s. I grew up in a fairly liberal family, and went through the Canadian public school system. My father was a public servant and what I would consider controlling and emotionally abusive. I was an extremely shy and awkward young person, and still am to some degree. I did well in school and got a technical degree at university under pressure from my parents. 

Upon leaving school, I had my first taste of real life and what amounted to a crisis of identity/values. I felt very lost at that time, but have since gained some clarity. It is an ongoing process. I would consider myself a libertarian now and anti-feminist. The degree to which I'm surrounded by liberal/left-wing thought sometimes makes me feel that I'm the only person in the world with these views. It's a relief to see other people with similar ideas.

I truly believe in taking responsibility for your values and actions as an adult. I'm trying to change my life for the better and grow into a healthier person. I see a lot of value in the ideas that are presented here. It's inspiring to see other people bettering themselves. Hopefully I'll find useful things to contribute. In the meantime, I'll keep working my way through the FDR podcasts and browsing this forum. Keep up the great work!

• Upvote 6

Great introduction!

FDR is aWeSomE. I had the basic philosophies present in me at a young age, but they were being beat down and undermined by family in particular. Stefan made me realize just how powerful we can be when using basic principles. Letting other people dictate what you should feel and do to serve their superficial needs is a horrible life.

Stefan made me realize just how powerful we can be when using basic principles. Letting other people dictate what you should feel and do to serve their superficial needs is a horrible life.

Absolutely. This is how I lived for a long time. I'm awake to it now, but I'm still struggling to get out from under those emotional burdens.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.