Stefan, You want to engage with people... I'm telling you, you can engage with people BETTER!!!

1) Put ads on your videos

2) Film your videos in an actual set. Don't put a blank, white, wall and your handsome face as the only thing I am seeing.

3) Get decent lighting.

These are things that I am demanding as a subscriber of over 6 years! If you want to spread your message, stop creating crap for people to watch (no criticism here regarding the substantive message) and start generating revenue so that you can increase your viewership. Get real!!!

My preferential suggestions:

1) Paint your wall a bold color.

2) Adjust lighting so it illuminates one side of your face more than the other.

3) Put framed pictures of philosophers who influenced your life on the wall behind you.

4) Use studio lights to illuminate those pictures exclusively while keeping the painted wall in shadow.

5) Place the camera so the pictures behind you are slightly out of focus but still recognizable while your head and shoulders are perfectly in focus.

6) Put a sofa with some pillows in the background, under the framed pictures, in order to demonstrate that your channel is a place of comfort for your viewers.

7) Use rope light behind the couch to illuminate the frame of the sofa so that it is easily visible for your audience.

These changes will dramatically increase your number of subscribers. PUT ADS ON YOUR VIDEOS TO FUND THIS!!!!!!!!!

• Downvote 4

Stefan, You want to engage with people... I'm telling you, you can engage with people BETTER!!!

2) Film your videos in an actual set. Don't put a blank, white, wall and your handsome face as the only thing I am seeing.

3) Get decent lighting.

These are things that I am demanding as a subscriber of over 6 years! If you want to spread your message, stop creating crap for people to watch (no criticism here regarding the substantive message) and start generating revenue so that you can increase your viewership. Get real!!!

3) Put framed pictures of philosophers who influenced your life on the wall behind you.

4) Use studio lights to illuminate those pictures exclusively while keeping the painted wall in shadow.

5) Place the camera so the pictures behind you are slightly out of focus but still recognizable while your head and shoulders are perfectly in focus.

6) Put a sofa with some pillows in the background, under the framed pictures, in order to demonstrate that your channel is a place of comfort for your viewers.

7) Use rope light behind the couch to illuminate the frame of the sofa so that it is easily visible for your audience.

These changes will dramatically increase your number of subscribers. PUT ADS ON YOUR VIDEOS TO FUND THIS!!!!!!!!!

You can engage with people better

• Upvote 2

3) Get decent lighting.

I have a hard time visualizing what you are talking about. Do you have a YouTube channel that you can share with me so that I can see what you are talking about?

• Upvote 2

3) Get decent lighting.

The Advertisement part was covered by Stefan on numerous occasions, as to why he doesnt want any adds.  

Other points that you make, I simply am not sure about, for the simple fact that it works for him, and his substantial and still growing audience.  I can only speculate as to why he does it this way.

so like a Phillip Defranco for philosophy lol?

The no add stuff is important to me but then a peek into total donation contributions may change that position. 

As an alternative a debate/interview on a stage setting etc would be interesting or send Mike out into BLM territory wearing Trump apparel for laughs, and journalism, but mainly laughs :)

so like a Phillip Defranco for philosophy lol?

The no add stuff is important to me but then a peek into total donation contributions may change that position. 

As an alternative a debate/interview on a stage setting etc would be interesting or send Mike out into BLM territory wearing Trump apparel for laughs, and journalism, but mainly laughs :)

Boy you must really hate Mike, lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.