Hello from South Korea

Culturist John

Hi All,

I am an American academic refugee, living and teaching in Korea.  And, sad to say, even here, an American tried to have me fired for my political views.

I am primarily a promoter of the philosophy of 'culturism'.  Culturism is the opposite of multiculturalism.  And, I suggest, when people call us 'racist,' we don't just deny it, we explain that we are 'culturist.'  If the Left admits cultural diversity is real, we should be clear to rationally discuss it. 

More on this topic can be found on www.culturism.us.

I am also a promoter of the first person to be called a 'culturist,' Matthew Arnold (1822 - 1888) . He was a great British culturist.  And, he has a lot to teach us today.  

More on him is at www.matthewarnold.us. 

I happened upon Stefan Molyneux like everyone else.  I love so many of his videos.  I turn to him for news insight and buy books on his recommendation.  His work especially helped me by introducing me to r/K theory.  And, of course, his thoroughness itself is inspiring. 

Nice to meet you all, John Press

In my native language "culturist" means "bodybuilder" so even if I agree with everything you say I would never call myself a culturist because it raises too many off topic questions. Branding is very important, a lot of followers of any movement just to for it because it sounds cool even though they don't understand anything about anything.

That aside, how do you find south Korea? I've seen a ton of SK movies and the impression I got from them is that SK is an americanized version of Japan.

Hi there.  I lived in S Korea for a couple years, and I actually discovered Stef there shortly after the last US Presidential election.  I had a great life there, but I decided to leave because I really didn't like their approach to teaching small children, and I found relations with the expat community to be sometimes fulfilling, but often very shallow.  What is your experience there?  Has discovering the show changed how you see Korean society?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.