Hello from Chicago

ivanak

Hello there,

My name is Ivana.
I began listening to Stefan almost a year ago and admittedly am only now beginning to speak freely about my political views to my primarily leftist friends. I’m a 25 year old female artist living in the city, so inevitably I am completely alone in my libertarian viewpoints.  

I’d like to meet more people who are able to have honest and logical conversations.

Looking forward to contributing to the conversations in this community online. :)

Cheers

I’d like to meet more people who are able to have honest and logical conversations.

Welcome, Ivana. You can count me in. In addition to honest and logical conversations, I'm into deep and personal conversations as well. I like connecting with people after decades of abusers isolating me.

I like connecting with people after decades of abusers isolating me.

That's horrible. I hope you were able to distance yourself from people like that.

I recently escaped an emotionally abusive relationship. Before then I had never experienced any sort of abuse so I was able to see it as abnormal behavior and get out quickly. Next time I will be able to spot it earlier.

Though they are not always easy for me, I strive to have deep and personal conversations as well.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome.

I hope that the forum meets your expectations and that its members may help you to find what you seek.

Thanks! Just hoping to find others who’ve escaped the matrix. No expectations beyond that!

Brace for the Gs. Myself, I enjoy the uncomfortable silences.

What sort of views do these libs have?

Oh you know the usual white people are bad, government is good, and we should get rid of the second amendment kind of leftists.

I personally enjoy speaking with people who have different view points than mine but it seems I’m mostly just being met with shock and non argument dismissal. I assume these responses are meant to shame me into agreeing with them?

My favorite was when I was discussing the importance of the 2nd amendment and I was met with “but you’re a vegetarian!”. Because obviously you wouldn’t own a gun for any other reason than to kill things and initiate force.

By the way, what are the Gs?

Oh you know the usual white people are bad, government is good, and we should get rid of the second amendment kind of leftists.

I personally enjoy speaking with people who have different view points than mine but it seems I’m mostly just being met with shock and non argument dismissal. I assume these responses are meant to shame me into agreeing with them?

My favorite was when I was discussing the importance of the 2nd amendment and I was met with “but you’re a vegetarian!”. Because obviously you wouldn’t own a gun for any other reason than to kill things and initiate force.

By the way, what are the Gs?

Gs (g-force) - as in gravitational force, often used to describe gravitational force on aircraft.

Things could change quite a lot for your friends in the next few years. Half of my friends from school have changed a lot over the last few years (27-30) and this seems to be a common occurrence. One who was essentially a SJW is now more like a liberal-mild-conservative. I've just made a post titled The Libs We Know, which is under moderation at the moment. In this, I've described people I know and all the ones who wrap themselves in the sort of ideas your friends probably do are in a serious mess post 30. There is an alarm clock seemingly everyone gets around the age of 30, where they reflect on where they are and when they want to go. At this point a lot of people stop floating around and start making decisions with more foresight and get better jobs, but plenty of people don't and most of them become life-long losers whose attachment to grievance culture is a good excuse for their failure.

As for vegetarianism. Most of my friends were vegetarians, but its only the two and myself who listen to FDR that have stuck with it, while the others who have more attachment to government have giggled as they cast it away. One joked that he is a 'lazy vegetarian'. Ten years ago these were the people who were signalling all their virtues. Now they slouch about eating crisps regurgitating snippets of bird-brain columns about how we need more stimulus to get the economy going that they are a leach upon. They don't have a moral compass. They just use emotions to try and manipulate (or as you put it - shame) people to do what they want and to manipulate society into a channel that favours their civilisation ending predilections - something for nothing.

The good news is though - these people have virtually no children.

The best approach is to be strong and unabashedly unrepentant. When you do that, you can quite often get ascent, particularly from feminine types. And its that sort of attitude that powered Donald Trump to force a camel through the eye of the needle to get to the presidency. Nigel Farage is another good example: 

Can you even buy guns in Chicago?

That's horrible. I hope you were able to distance yourself from people like that.

I recently escaped an emotionally abusive relationship. Before then I had never experienced any sort of abuse so I was able to see it as abnormal behavior and get out quickly. Next time I will be able to spot it earlier.

Though they are not always easy for me, I strive to have deep and personal conversations as well.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm sorry you were with somebody who was emotionally abusive. Have you been able to identify since then how/why you allowed such a person in your life? Thank you for sharing that a lack of abuse made it easier to spot. That's sort of a necessary component to peaceful parenting in the context of saving the world.

Hit me up on facebook if you'd like to chat more. I wouldn't mind hearing more about that relationship. And I'm fascinated by not having experienced any abuse before. Hope to hear from you.

Hello all my name is Isaac Gage and my story is kind of unique. Originally I'm from Nairobi, Kenya and was adopted at the age of 3. I moved to the United States and spent my childhood until the age of 15 in small town in Wisconsin, Whitewater. At 15 and in the 8th grade my family moved to Fairbanks, Alaska where we have been ever since. I'm 19 now and in college studying to become an accountant. 

Originally I'm from Nairobi, Kenya and was adopted at the age of 3. I moved to the United States and spent my childhood until the age of 15 in small town in Wisconsin, Whitewater. At 15 and in the 8th grade my family moved to Fairbanks, Alaska where we have been ever since. I'm 19 now and in college studying to become an accountant. 

Did your parents consult you before moving you thousands of miles away? How did you feel about this? Do you have any memories from before or during when you were adopted?

• Upvote 1

I didn't know my parents, I was dropped off at an orphanage basically from birth and the rest is history. I feel grateful that my mother and father, whoever they were, were able to recognize that they could not take care of me and put me up for adoption. Even if I could travel back in time, I wouldn't change a thing. My mom recorded everything we did before and following the adoption so its all on tape. A lot of safaris, savannahs, and virtually every animal you could see at a typical zoo just not in captivity.   

Can you even buy guns in Chicago?

Yeah, I already lost a “friend” because of my views in politics. It’s incredibly isolating to live in a state where seemingly everyone thinks the same. I do hope some of my friends wake up eventually but I’m not holding my breath. Hah.

The friend I was talking about was trying to suggest that me being a vegetarian and also being pro gun rights was a contradiction. Of course these two things are different and there is such a thing as a need for self defense.

As you may know, Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the country and the highest gun violence. You would think people here would learn that putting high restrictions on guns hasn’t given them the results they want right? Political views have become like religion for people.

Have you been able to identify since then how/why you allowed such a person in your life?

I really appreciate you showing interest. It was very recent and in many ways I am still dealing with the after affects of being around someone who was so emotionally unstable and verbally cruel.

I am still trying to figure out how I allowed someone so toxic into my life. One theory is that I have never been close to someone abusive. So I was unaware of the subtle signs in the beginning. It was only after I let him into my heart that he became abusive. I can’t say for sure but he had many traits of someone with borderline personality disorder. So it started too fast and I ignored the initial red flags of his unexamined childhood trama. Needless to say I wont be making that mistake again.

I’d be happy to continue talking though the direct message option but I’m not ready to connect of fb yet. :)

I’d be happy to continue talking though the direct message option but I’m not ready to connect of fb yet. :)

I get that. I didn't get on FB until way late in the game and even then, didn't start really using it until much later. I hope you reconsider though as I don't have access to direct messages here.

• 5 months later...

I know that there are non-leftist people in Illinois, my folks live about 60-80 miles west of Chicago, last Thanksgiving when I was out there, the neighbors were doing a bunch of shooting practice.  (I can't say that they are the most rational either, don't attack their extended family, but otherwise OK)

There must be something that separates people so that the higher population density the more lefty they are.  IDK...  there are people in rural areas who are quite authoritarian too so hmm.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.