Hello from Spain

saebel

I'm a (still) married 42 year old man, with a 10 year old daughter and a 5 year old son. Since I listen Stefan (a few months ago), I feel I've grown as a better person, with better logic, reason and morality.

In a society that makes you think that spank or hit a kid, sometimes is good for him/her (although here in Spain spanking is forbidden), Stefan has changed my mind for good. Society makes you think that you can teach a kid like a dog, with a reward/punishment routine. Thanks Stefan, I know why spanking is morally terrible.

I spanked my daughter only one time, when she was 3, because she put herself in a dangerous place. The moment I hit her (not to hit her, but to punish her at the time I release my own frustration), I realized deep inside I was doing a terrible thing. Why I was feeling so guilty if society "has given me permission" to do it? Because deep inside I know it was wrong. The same can be said when I grabbed my children their hands strongly enough to hurt them, (because they didn't walk quickly enough for example) It's not spanking, but it's the same. All that will never happen again.

Only for that improvement, I will be forever thankful to Stefan. He has made my children's lives better.

• Upvote 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.