I was looking at the riots in Venezuela. There was a police truck that rammed a group of protesters and when it backed off, there were people stuck under the truck. I was talking about these events with my family and my father said something that made no sense whatsoever. To make a short summery of the conversation, I was telling him that people are oppressed and starving and that they are trying to leave the country to find shelter in Colombia, but that the Venezuela government is not allowing them. My father said that the government doesn't have a choice. My answer was that these people have nothing to loose. They are desperate. The Venezuela government is tyrannical because he is denying them their natural rights (in this case, the right to seek refuge in order to preserve their life) and that this government is doing it through coercion using the police and army to oppress the people.

This brings me back to the words of John Locke. That every men possesses natural rights. These rights are to have freedom, to own property and the ability to pursuit happiness. If a government uses coercion to deny an individual these rights, then the government must be altered or replaced.

There are some parallels to be made with the presidency of Ab Lincoln. Lincoln took control of the state for his own self interest. He had all the senators that opposed him arrested. He arrested the journalists that denounced his tyranny. And through Lincoln's madness 800 000 Americans died. It can also be debated that he was going to restart the war in order to stay into office. 

One man took the principals of John Locke to the letter and blew the brains out of this tyrant, thus saving what was left of the country. John Wilkes Booth took it upon himself to replace a government that used the coercion of the army on it's own people. BTW, nice shot John =)

So, to the people of Venezuela. If I was to give you an advice concerning your situation, I would quote the words: ''Sic Semper Tyrannis''   

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.