Productivism

Productivist

Hello!

I'm looking to share some of my ideas of productivism with the freedomain community to see if they make sense and how convincing these ideas can be.

Here's some critical premises of productivism as I see it:

• That sovereignty (i.e. authority over property, including one's own body) rests in the production of wealth.  That the reason why we as individuals should be entitled to liberty, and not slavery, is because we are productive with our property. 
  • That the moral imperative of individuals, business, and society is the production of wealth. 
  • That human beings are in and of themselves a form of wealth, as dictated by the investment of their sponsors (e.g. parents) and then by their productivity, just like a business. 
  • That egalitarianism is false in that adult humans beings are not the ultimate political unit of equality, but is instead wealth.
  • That suffrage and taxation within governments should be in proportion to wealth.

I believe this to be a merging of libertarianism with capitalism that is more than simply the imperative of making money without harming others.  Wealth (which includes people) is the ultimate product of our liberties.  Since we have a limited life, it's not about the accumulation of wealth as an individual, but the production of wealth for society.  We are just in accumulating wealth and power if we are to be productive with that wealth and power. 

I'll probably raise some of these ideas in the other discussion categories to further discussion.  These ideas are not perfect (such as how exactly you quantify the wealth of an individual, perhaps by market PE ratio), but that's why I hope to share them to better improve upon them. 

I have a personal website if further interested in these ideas at productivist.net.

Glad to a part of the community and look forward to finding and acting on the truth!

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.